|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2017|
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is seeking a retired/ former US Coast Guard UH-60T or HH-60J Instructor Pilot (IP) for an OCONUS position supporting our Taiwan National Airborne Service Corps (NASC) UH-60M Technical Assistance Field Team (TAFT).
Work Location: Taichung City, Taiwan
The NASC operates under the Taiwan Ministry of Interior to perform aerial search and rescue, disaster relief, emergency medical service, reconnaissance and patrol, firefighting, monitoring, and transportation missions in Taiwan over both land and sea. NASC is fielding fifteen (15) UH-60M helicopters, through the US Foreign Military Sales Program. While the NASC has a fully mature and highly capable Aviation Section it does lack expertise and experience with the UH-60M. AMERICAN SYSTEMS is providing these services as a prime vendor to the US Army Security Assistance Training Management Organization (USASATMO or SATMO) who is providing TAFT that provides training, advice, and technical assistance so NASC can gain the required UH-60M-specific skills, knowledge, and experience to assist NASC in building their organic capabilities.
Work Location: Taiwan
This is a flying position. The IP serves as Instructor Pilot for individual and aircrew training focusing on Overwater Search and Rescue (SAR) / (Ocean Rescue) operations. Trains, evaluates, and mentors NASC Pilots and Instructor Pilots. The IP supports the team's internal standardization and crewmember training sustainment program (similar to Commander's Aircrew Training Program) to ensure TAFT members continue to meet aviation qualification, currency, and proficiency requirements. The IP is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and certification of air crewmember training folders; monitoring of currency, medical, and proficiency requirements.
For over thirteen years, AMERICAN SYSTEMS has supported the delivery of training services to foreign military personnel in support of US foreign assistance programs. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefit package and there are no upfront out of pocket expenses for persons hired. All travel and transportation arrangements will be made and paid for by AMERICAN SYSTEMS. Living expenses are paid by AMERICAN SYSTEMS with all employees living in western-style secure accommodations. Work is performed five days per week at a secure facility/base within the host nation (foreign purchaser). Persons hired will be full-time salaried employees of AMERICAN SYSTEMS .There is no requirement/authorization to carry firearms.
- Graduate of a US Military Officer Professional Military Education Course.
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Successful completion of US Military Rotary Wing Aviator Qualification Course with Aeronautical Designation Military Aviator.
- Qualified as a US Coast Guard Instructor Pilot Rated in the UH-60T aircraft. Other service H-60 Instructor Pilot qualification in equivalent aircraft such as H-60S or UH-60M is acceptable.
- Qualified as an Instrument Flight Examiner or possess FAA Certified Flight Instructor - Instruments - Helicopter (CFII-H)
- Other qualifications from US Army, USAF, or USN will be considered in lieu of USCG qualifications, but strong preference will be given to personnel with former USCG qualifications.
- Required Background/Experience:
- Minimum of 3000 total rotary wing flight hours.
- Minimum of 2000 total flight hours in H-60 series aircraft.
- Must have 1000 flight hours of experience as a Instructor Pilot in the H-60 series aircraft.
- Prior qualification and experience as member of a USCG Aviation Unit, US Army MEDEVAC Unit, or USAF CSAR unit with responsibility for conducting search and rescue operations.
- UH-60 Overwater Flight Training consisting of low level flight beyond the glide distance from shore under day and night.
- Must have extensive experience conducting overwater SAR (Ocean Rescue) Operations.
Additional Desired Background/Experience:
- H-60 Overwater Flight Training consisting of low level tactical flight beyond the glide distance from shore under day, night, and NVG.
- H-60 Internal and External Loads Training with loads up to 9,000 lbs (4,082 kg) under day, night.
- H-60 Search and Rescue (SAR) Procedures Training at low altitude, high altitude, and overwater under day, night.
- Previous experience conducting or supporting an H-60 Series aircraft Instructor Pilot Course Qualification Course.
- Previous Security Assistance Team (OCONUS Foreign Military Training) experience.
- Prior experience working with and training foreign military personnel.
- Prior experience working with foreign military personnel in the region
- Other Requirements:
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift and carry 100 lbs up to 50 meters distance.
- Ability to climb, balance, and work on confined/small elevated helicopter platforms.
- Completion of FAA Class II Medical Evaluation/Physical Exam within the last 12-months.
- Not possess any chronic physical conditions that would prevent performance of duties in a semi-austere, tropical environment with limited access to medical care.
- Ability to present proof of negative HIV test within 90 days of traveling overseas.
- Must possess a current US Tourist (Blue) Passport (Passport must not expire within 12-months of being hired.)
- Must be willing to submit to Breathalyzer test prior to flights.
- Must be drug-free with ability to successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check with favorable results.
- Ability to effectively conduct cross-cultural communications and deliver training/instruction with the use of an interpreter Mandarin language proficiency is desired but not required
You can also send your resume directly to Kevin Schmitt Senior Technical Recruiter at email kevin.schmitt @americansystems.com