|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Edwards AFB, California|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2018|
JOB TITLE/LEVEL: F-35 Fighter Effectiveness Analyst (15535)
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret
LOCATION: Edwards Air Force Base, CA 93523 US (Primary)
TRAVEL PERCENTAGE: 10% - 20%
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
JOB DESCRIPTION: AMERICAN SYSTEMS is currently seeking former/current Fighter Pilots, Bomber Pilots, EWO's, and WSO's for our F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program at Edwards AFB California. The positions are to support the JSF Operational Test Team (JOTT) at Edwards AFB, CA. This is a great opportunity to be on the cutting edge of our country's next generation of fighter aircraft.
JOB SCOPE, DESCRIPTION, AND DUTIES: Responsible for providing daily technical assistance in the development of test objectives and plans, test execution, result analysis, and reporting. These Professional Warriors are an integral part of the JOTT USAF, Navy, Marine Corps, and coalition team. Frequently interacts with the Joint Program Office, DOTE, and multiservice multinational organizations.
• Will become a test team technical expert in various areas pertinent to 5th Gen fighter aircraft operational testing (e.g. F-35 capabilities, weapons, and tactics) Drafts operational effectiveness test plans, reports, and various supporting documents and briefings
• Assists the Test Director in timely preparation of high-quality analysis across the varied test venues during all test phases
• Contributes to all facets of test design and planning using in-depth knowledge of system under test, JOTT test policies, and test range capabilities
• Attends meetings and conferences as required
TRAVEL: 0-2 trips per month in CONUS, more frequent during active testing.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: • Likely to perform one or more of the duties below during periods of Operational Test Evaluates pilot/test participant mission briefs/debriefs, including the performance of the system under test, cockpit record media playback, and test range data to formulate an assessment of system effectiveness and mission capability
• Coordinates and schedules test support assets, including ranges, airspace, and adversaries
• Performs as Kill Removal Officer to remove blue or red air players in a timely manner
• Reviews documents and briefings, comparing content with government disclosure documents
• Coordinates documents and briefings for release to countries participating in F-35 Ops Test
About The F-35:
The F-35 brings cutting-edge technologies to the battle space of the future. The JSFs advanced airframe, autonomic logistics, avionics, propulsion systems, stealth, and firepower will ensure that the F-35 is the most affordable, lethal, supportable and survivable aircraft ever to be used by so many warfighters across the globe.
Living and Working at Edwards AFB:
The local community around Edwards AFB is made up of Palmdale/Lancaster (urban desert) and Tehachapi (rural mountain) with an abundance of sunshine and good weather. The area has affordable housing and minimal traffic for daily commuting, with access to larger population centers and outdoor activities on weekends. California offers attractive veterans benefits, including free college tuition for dependents of disabled veterans. Within easy reach of Edwards are some of the nation's best natural attractions and premier vacation getaway destinations.
• Activities and Attractions
• Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks
• World acclaimed amusement parks and attractions
• Mountain biking and off-road four wheeling
• Hiking and camping
• Golfing- high desert and coastal, beginners to PGA
• World-class ski resort and vacation destinations: Mammoth Mountain, Snow Summit, and Big Bear Lake
• Beaches/Surfing /sailing
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned companies in the United States. Employer Ownership means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other with respect. Every member of our team has a vested interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have the same goals – particularly in service to our nation’s War Fighters; providing, team-focused, mission-essential support in challenging environments. Being truly effective means pushing beyond basic requirements. We build skilled and committed teams of experts. We conduct our work with a sense of purpose; loyal to the mission, our clients, each other and to the long-term success of the company.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Previous experience as one of the following: Military Fighter Pilot, Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO), Bomber Pilot, or Weapons Systems Officer (WSO), with 6 + years of operational military experience
• Demonstrated exceptional operational military tactics and employment expertise
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Candidates must have a SECRET clearance with less than six years since the last investigation closed out. Candidates must also have the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance and Special Access Program (SAP) clearances to perform the work. Candidates who already possess a TOP SECRET clearance are highly desired.
• Multi-role fighter pilot, qualified as IP & mission commander, experience with employment of AMRAAM and precision guided munitions Test and Evaluation experience highly desired (Operational Test or similar experience).
• Operational joint and/or coalition experience.
• Deployment experience with combat time.
• Operational Test & Evaluation experience.
• Familiarity with current JOTT test plans, test procedures, data collection, analysis, and reporting.